The last day of the EB meeting was dedicated to a final review of the work done during the previous days on strategic lines for the Federation. This included work on what can be considered the IFATCA pillars: ICAO work, TOC and PLC, Regions, Safety, Training Courses and Prospective activities.
The rest of the day was dedicated to prepare for the upcoming IFATCA Conference in Costa Rica, 2019.
The next EB meeting will take place in February 2019. Many thanks to our Argentinean hosts for their hospitality and help in organizing this meeting. Significant action points arising from the meeting:
• The EB will finalise establishment of the Tactical Response Team (TRT).
• The EB developed an action plan for the ‘IFATCA joint human machine system’ concept.
• The EB confirms the 58th annual conference of IFATCA being a 5-day event with the opening ceremony on Monday morning, closing on Friday afternoon.
• The EB continued work on formalizing the ‘Remote TWRs’ and ‘Drones’ groups and also considered the addition of other groups focused on ‘Safety’ and prospective activities.
• The EB formalized internal processes to manage financial matters in the absence of an EVP-Finance.
• The EB reviewed expenditures for the first 3 months of the financial year and verified being well within the approved budget.
• The EB decided to hold a “Think Safety” course for the Executive Board and members of TOC and PLC at their joint meeting in March 2019.
• The EB reviewed the IFATCA training courses and decided the continuation of this initiative.
• The EB worked significantly on the IFATCA operating plan.
• The EB finalised preparation for the upcoming ICAO Air Navigation Conference.